Stales was a student of Biddle, one of the U.S. Marine Corps hand-to-hand combat authorities, and the author of the classic martial arts textbook, Cold Steel.
It is rumored that Starrs fighting is a compulsory combat training subject for the president’s bodyguard of the US Secret Service.
Compiled 8 sets of Stals short stick fighting moves and shared them with you.
This is a sequel to Stals’ hand-to-hand fighting moves, a mandatory fighting subject for the President of the US Secret Service.
1. (active attack) The stick hits the abdomen + the stick hits the jaw + the stick hits the nose
1. When fighting with the enemy in close combat, our side is close to the enemy, holding the short stick handle with the right hand, and blocking the enemy’s right fist with the left hand;
2. Our side stabbed the end of the rod violently into the solar plexus in the enemy’s abdomen;
The solar plexus is also commonly known as the fossa of the heart, which is located under the xiphoid process of the sternum, and can immediately cause severe abdominal pain after being hit hard, making people unable to breathe, unable to stand upright, abdominal muscle spasms, and collapsed to the ground.
3. After hitting the enemy’s solar plexus, our side quickly changed from holding the stick with one hand to holding the stick with two hands;
4. While the enemy is hit in the abdomen and leaning forward, our side swings the stick upwards vigorously and slams the enemy’s jaw with the middle section of the stick;
5. In the last offensive move, regardless of whether we hit the enemy’s jaw, we can raise the short stick with both hands;
6. Hit the bridge of the enemy’s nose with the middle section of the stick downwards, completely crushing the enemy.
Or we change the move to the 7th and 8th actions on the basis of the 5th and 6th actions above:
7. After completing the attack of the 4th move above, we can put the short stick to the chest;
8. Stretch your arms forward vigorously, and hit the enemy’s nose bridge or throat with the middle of the short stick to completely defeat the enemy.
Second, (active attack) stick handle hit the yin + stick handle hit the abdomen
1. When fighting with the enemy in close combat, our left hand grabs the enemy’s chest and pulls the belt back to prevent the enemy from escaping, and at the same time attracts the enemy’s hands to defend and expose him below the abdomen; We hold the stick in our right hand and look for the most favorable point of attack;
2. The enemy’s vulva point under the abdomen is the preferred target for attack, and our right hand holds the stick to vigorously poke this key point;
3. Immediately afterwards, our side attacked another key part of the enemy, the solar plexus in the abdomen.
After the continuous attacks of our side above, the enemy will be completely defeated.
3. (Active attack) stick handle hitting the neck (jaw, temple)
1. When grappling with the enemy, our right hand grabs the enemy’s left shoulder;
2. Keep moving up, quickly use the end of the stick handle to vigorously poke the enemy’s neck or jaw or temple, no matter which part hits, it will inflict heavy damage on the enemy.
4. (Active attack) Horizontal elbow strike jaw + stick arm triangle lock neck
1. Our left hand grabs the enemy’s collar;
2. Twist the body to the left and sweep the enemy’s jaw with the right elbow;
3. If the upward movement does not stop, we immediately turn right, insert the stick slightly from the back of the enemy’s neck to the right, and pass the left hand under the right arm, and the two arms are crossed;
4. We quickly grasped the end of the stick with our left hand, crossed our arms and locked the enemy’s neck hard, compressed the enemy’s neck artery, and made its brain insufficient blood supply, thereby forcing the enemy to submit.
5. (Defensive counterattack) Deal with enemy bullet attacks
1. When the enemy is ready to hit us in the abdomen with a kick with a bullet leg, we immediately hold both ends of the short stick with both hands, flex our arms to close the stick in front of the crotch and abdomen, and aim the middle part of the stick at the enemy’s shin;
2. Our side quickly stretched both arms forward violently and hit the shin of the enemy’s bullet leg with the middle of the short stick. This blow can break the enemy’s shin.
6. (Defensive counterattack) Deal with the enemy’s dagger stab
When the enemy’s right hand is holding a dagger and attacking the key point of our neck, we immediately grasp both ends of the short stick with both hands, and hit the enemy’s wrist or forearm upward with the middle of the stick, breaking the enemy’s wrist or forearm.
At this time, our side can take advantage of the enemy’s arm injury and pain and loss of defensive ability, and attack the enemy’s middle and lower set with its legs and knees to crush the enemy.
7. (Defensive counterattack) Deal with enemy daggers and thorns
1. The enemy’s right hand holds a dagger and stabs our abdomen; We immediately grasp both ends of the short stick with both hands, and hit the enemy’s wrist or forearm forward with the middle of the stick downward, breaking the enemy’s wrist or forearm; Immediately, our arms quickly rose upwards and struck the enemy’s jaw from the bottom up with the middle of the stick, completely crushing the enemy.
8. (Lock technique) Lock throat behind back
1. Our side quietly approaches the enemy from behind and holds one end of the stick handle in his right hand;
2. Our side quickly inserts the slightly end of the stick from the enemy’s left side from the front of his neck to the right, immediately grasps the slight end of the stick with his left hand, and crosses his arms to form a triangular lock with the stick; Our side tightened the triangular lock tightly, so that the arms pressed the enemy’s carotid artery and the stick body pressed the enemy’s throat, resulting in insufficient blood supply and oxygen supply to the enemy’s brain and forced to give in and capture.
If the enemy does not give in, this technique will cause him to suffocate or even hang.