Stales was a student of Biddle, one of the U.S. Marine Corps hand-to-hand combat authorities, and the author of the classic martial arts textbook, Cold Steel.
It is rumored that Staffs unarmed combat is a compulsory combat training subject for the President of the United States Secret Service.
Compiled some of Starrs’ close-range attack methods of hand-to-hand combat and shared them with you.
1. Straight boxing surface
Straight fist is the shortest distance and time running boxing method, and many of the key points of the human body are in the midline of the upper body of the human body, especially the head.
Therefore, when the enemy enters the attack range of our straight fist, it is very effective for us to probe the fist with our left hand, and then hit the enemy’s side with a straight fist with our right hand. The main site of attack can be the bridge of the nose or upper lip.
Second, the finger the throat or inserts the eye
The throat or eyes are the weak point of the head and neck of the human body, and it is easy to subdue the enemy with a stab or insert the palm of the hand or create conditions for the next attack.
Remember, when it is not a last resort, try not to attack both parts at will.
Third, elbow hit the head
1. With the above moves, we continue to chase the enemy after hitting the face with a right fist, piercing the throat with a finger or inserting an eye;
2. Keep moving up, we step up to the left and get close, twist to the right, and with the help of the force of twisting, use the left elbow to fiercely sweep the enemy’s right ear root or cheek or temple;
3. Immediately taking advantage of the enemy’s attack and confusion, our side twisted to the left forcefully;
4. By twisting to the left, our side counterattacks the enemy’s head with the left elbow; At this time, the enemy’s abdomen and below have been fully exposed in front of us, and our right fist is also in an excellent position, so we can hook and punch the enemy’s vulva or stomach and completely defeat the enemy.
4. Kick and kick your knees
1. The enemy rushes towards us from the front;
2. Our side immediately turns left and sideways to avoid the range of attack of the enemy’s hands, while quickly bending the right knee;
3. When the enemy’s front leg enters the attack range of our right leg, we will violently kick the knee or shin of the enemy’s front leg with the right kick;
4. Regardless of whether our right kick kicks the target or not, our right foot falls forward, and quickly twists to the right, with the help of the force of twisting, swings the right palm, and cuts the enemy’s right neck or right ear root with the outside of the right palm.
5. Deal with the enemy’s hands and choke your throat head-on
1. When the enemy chokes our throat with both hands from the front, we turn our body violently to the left, and at the same time punch the right swing from the upper right to the lower left;
2. We use the momentum of turning to the left and the weight of the entire body to act on the enemy’s wrist, thereby freeing the enemy’s hands from the control of our throat;
3. After our side frees the enemy’s throat, we immediately counterattack. After we hit the right swing fist, we immediately twisted to the right, and with the help of the twisting force, we hit the right side of the enemy’s head with our right elbow, severely damaging the enemy.
6. Deal with the enemy with one hand on the waist
1. The enemy hugged my waist with his right arm and wanted to attack me with his left hand;
2. In the face of this situation, our right palm is cup-shaped, and immediately push the enemy’s jaw with the base of the palm from the bottom up and forward;
3. Our bent fingers are inserted into the enemy’s eyes to grab them;
4. After our side attacks the enemy’s eyes, we use both thumbs to press the sides of the enemy’s throat in order;
5. Or grab and clasp the enemy’s throat with one hand;
6. After carrying out the above continuous attack, if we encounter a stubborn enemy, our side can use our right hand to recoil the enemy’s neck, and at the same time use our right knee to continuously and violently hit the enemy’s abdomen or vulva to completely crush the enemy.
7. Deal with the front hands and hugging the waist
1. The enemy holds our waist with both hands from the front, and we immediately slap the enemy’s ears with both palms, which can penetrate the enemy’s eardrum and cause concussion;
2. Immediately afterwards, we slash the neck of the enemy on the right side with the outside of the right palm; Nerves and large blood vessels are distributed here that can cause the enemy to paralyze and coma;
3. Our side continues to pursue, grabbing the enemy’s hair with his left hand and pulling it hard to the left and down, forcing the enemy to bend over to our left and expose the back of his head and neck; We took this opportunity to slash down the back of the enemy’s neck or head with our right palm.
Remember: the cervical spine and the back of the head are in the ring, which is the part where hitting is prohibited, so do not hit this part at will unless it is time to fight.
8. Deal with the hands behind your back and hugging your waist
1. The enemy hugged my waist with both hands behind my back;
2. Our side immediately snaps the enemy’s right thumb with the right hand, the right thumb with the left hand, and flips outward to free the enemy’s control.
9. Deal with the enemy with hands on the waist and arms behind his back
1. The enemy holds our waist and arms with both hands from behind us;
2. Our side immediately bends both knees slightly, sinks down, clasps fists with both hands back, and pushes the enemy’s vulva backwards; You can also use one hand to pinch the enemy’s egg to free the enemy’s control.
10. Defense after falling to the ground
1. Our side is defeated by the enemy, and the enemy wants to pounce and continue to attack us; Our side immediately lies to the left side, while hooking the enemy’s front leg with its left foot and quickly bending the right leg;
2. Without stopping, our side immediately kicks the enemy’s front leg knee or shin with our right foot.
11. Lock the throat behind the back
1. Our side quietly approaches the enemy from behind its back;
2. After approaching the enemy, quickly step up and approach, and hug the enemy’s neck from front to back with your left arm with a thunderous momentum;
3. Keep moving up, our right hand immediately presses the back of the enemy’s head forward and down, while the left hand grabs our right big arm on the left side, and locks the enemy’s neck with both arms to capture the enemy.